Monday, November 19, 2012

Testing Out This Streaming Thing

So I finally signed up for Rdio last week, and so far it's fantastic. I'm not sure of the exact reason I was sort of apprehensive about it, but it probably boils down to me not wanting to be part of the dwindling CD sales problem. Well, that's not an issue; I'll buy CDs until I can't play them on anything anymore (which may not be far away since Apple has stopped putting CD/DVD-ROM drives in their computers, so it's only a matter of time before other manufacturers start doing the same. Are CDs going to start coming with iTunes download cards? HMMM???).

I gotta say, it's pretty sweet having all this music at my fingertips! Or should I say, MORE music at my fingertips! I feel like a kid in a candy store, I'm not even kidding. So far I've only been listening at work, so I've been keeping my choices pretty tame (The Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Royal Wood, Jenn Grant...), and choosing mostly albums I've already heard. I'm looking forward to listening to the new Green Day albums before putting them on my Christmas list (why I've moved Green Day into the "try before I buy" category is a blog post all it's own).

If you're like me, and are on the fence about getting on board with streaming, I like Rdio so far, and I have friends that use Songza, and say that it's also a good way to find new artists.

What streaming services are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment