Sunday, April 18, 2010

Change of plans

I was going to write a post about how much I love Arkells and why they should win Best New Artist at the Junos tonight, but I've just learned some sad news that should take precedence.

I was checking my Twitter Feed when @AUXTV tweeted about the sudden death of You Say Party! We Say Die! drummer Devon Clifford.

Unfortunately, I missed YSP!WSD! on their recent Winnipeg stop @ the Albert, but I did get to see them a couple of years ago in Ottawa. I didn't know any of their music at the time, just their name and the buzz surrounding them from various indie music circles. I convinced my friend that we should go to the show, and we were glad we did. The band was full of energy, playing to a packed Zaphod's.

RIP Devon. Another life ended too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment