Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm all for having fun, but...

Why is it that every time I go to a concert, I end up with the widest, tallest, drunkest guy in the bar standing in front of me?

I always go to concerts early, and stand at the front of the stage. I do this so that a) I'm not standing alone at the back of the bar and b) I have a prime spot when the headliner comes on and c) lots of times the opening act is pretty good. Such was the case last night when I went to Silverado's to see Bif Naked. I was standing there, with only one shorter girl in front of me, ready to rock out and let the stress of the past week melt away when SUDDENLY this massive man tried to push past me and squeeze to the front. First off, what are you doing, guy? If you wanted to stand at the front, where were you 15 minutes ago when there was no one else here? Secondly, where do you think you're going to go? We're all sandwiched as it is and you're HUGE. There's nowhere for you to go! And thirdly, no one else is going to see anything if you stand in the front. You take up the space of four people! Grr Argh.

The above scenario happens ot me pretty much every time I go to shows. It gets old pretty fast.

So, to all you tall and or large people, please be considerate of the short people who arrive early in order to see the concert, and not the backs of your heads. Or just your backs.

2 comments:

  1. Being 5'2", I know EXACTLY what you mean. I don't know why tall people want to be so close to the stage anyways - they can see from, um, EVERYWHERE, so why block half the crowd with your freakishly large frame!?

    ReplyDelete