Thursday, March 25, 2010

A real Canadian supergroup

OK, so I don't think Crash Karma would appreciate me calling them a supergroup--I mean, that whole title is pretty oxymoronish. The fact of the matter are that here is a group comprised of 3 guys whose previous bands were HUGE in the '90s (and 1 guy I've never heard of before), and that qualifies them as a supergroup to me.

You've got Edwin, former I Mother Earth vocalist, then solo artist, then bartender (it's TRUE!), Mike Turner, formerly of Our Lady Peace (you know, before they got all political and Nickelback-y), and Jeff Burrows AKA the other Jeff from The Tea Party all in one band. I rolled my eyes when Chartattack.com rolled out the news of this band's formation, but at the same time, I couldn't help but giggle with glee. Let's face it: these guys have never been as successful on their own or with other projects as they were in the '90s (ah, CanRock of the '90s, how I miss you!).

Tonight Crash Karma brings its motley medley to Silverado's, and for a mere $10, how could I resist the chance to see Edwin sing "Clumsy" or--heaven help us--"Superman's Dead"? Yes, it's true, not only does Crash Karma play their own originals, but they also do "covers" of their previous bands' songs (are they covers if their yours, but you're in a different project? That's a separate debate).

Stay tuned for my review! And hopefully a picture with Mike. :D

Remember these vids?





I can't embed "Psychopomp", but I can still paste the link. Take that YouTube! This is my favourite Tea Party song (and that's saying a lot 'cause I don't like them), so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMZoiatUQJE

No comments:

Post a Comment