Friday, March 26, 2010

Review of a Canadian supergroup

As promised, here are some of my thoughts after seeing Crash Karma last night (in pretty much the order they occurred to me):

  • Why aren't there more people here?
  • I miss OLP with Mike Turner in it
  • I wish I had seen IME before Edwin left
  • They aren't that bad!
  • That's so cool that Mike still has the guitar Oli Goldsmith designed for him!
  • Edwin is singing "Clumsy" and it's weird!
  • Sweet! They're going to sign autographs at the merch table after the show!
  • HolycrapI'mmeetingMikeTurner!HolycrapI'mmeetingMikeTurner!HolycrapI'mmeetingMikeTurner!
Yup. I actually liked them a lot. It's too bad they got the biggest response for "Not Quite Sonic", which they played as their encore. I was very happy that all 10 album covers that I brought along were signed with a smile. Edwin even said, "Do I have this many records?", to which I said, "Yes, yes you do." I was very composed and verbose (sarcasm alert!) while my brain was freaking out that I was actually speaking to musicians I'd basically grown up listening to.


No comments:

Post a Comment