Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Winnipeg Music Scene Part 2

More local bands for you to show some love to.

The Watchmen: This band wrote my theme song. End of story. LOL.



Pushing Daisies: The first time I saw this band play was acoustically in front of the olde Shopper's Drug Mart in Garden City Mall (they roll their eyes every time I mention it lol). I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen them since then. I'll go with lots.

The Waking Eyes: I'm a relatively new Waking Eyes fan. I didn't particularly like "Video Sound", but I absolutely LOVE "Holding on to Whatever It Is". And they put on a wicked live show to boot. Check them out at the Pyramid on December 29!

The Details: Another band that I haven't been listening to for long, The Details' "Draw a Distance, Draw a Border" is one of my favourite local CDs, for sure. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I have a bad habit of checking out a band live, even when I don't really know anything about them, and The Details were one of those. 'Twas a great discovery!

Steeple Chaser: It's been so long and my memory has gotten so sketchy that I can't remember if Steeple Chaser or Pushing Daisies came first as far as the local band I started to follow goes, but they're pretty close. I remember hearing "Radio Who" on Power 97's "River City Rawks" show one night while driving home from bowling with my family, and I've been a fan ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment